BoA - Social SW:TOR Guild Chapter

Anything to do with SW:ToR that doesn't fit the other forums goes here.

Moderator: SW:TOR Officers

Postby Alb » 29 Nov 2011, 23:39

Fellow BoAers,

With SW:tOR just around the corner and the draw that this game undoubtedly will have I wanted to help people from BoA and Friends to find a place on the game. We've been playing together for quite a while and with the expect big launch the SW-will be it would be too easy to get lost in the myriads of servers that will be present. Personally I think that would be a shame and therefore a place of gathering will be offered. This is for those who want to try out The Old Republic or are planing on playing it longer and want to have a few know faces during that journey.

What does that mean for AoC?
AoC will still be the main focus of Brothers of Arms as a Guild, with plenty of people staying here to group, to raid or just to hang out together, both officers and regular players and focus as ever on the Raidteam and Tier 3 Raids and onwards. :)

What will the Guild in SW:tOR be
It will be a Social Meeting Place so people can come together and enjoy TOR together. It will not be a fully fledged Guild for a variety of reasons:
a) I'm not a Guildleader. A proper Guild would need a focused and dedicated leader as well as officers to take the Guild forward. I'm not that! so don't expect that from me as it won't be my commitment. However I wanted to start it off and give people a place, if they so chose to
b) I'm mostly away for the duration of the 1st month .. Christmas Holidays. Therefore I won;t be around during this crucial part of the game :(.
c) I'm an officer in the AoC Guild and I'm not completely finished with with AoC yet ;).

Why have a Guild in TOR at all then?
Well, TOR will have a great pull either for people who want to go all the way or people who just want to try it out (the famed 1st month). So this can be a place where people meet up and enjoy, at least, there first few steps ion this new world. I'm quite aware that it is not a proper Guild and most likely not suitable for people who want to play TOR all the way to fully enjoy the endgame as well as leveling etc.. However a place to start off with know people, in my opinion, is a good place to start.
If you find out after a while you would like to have more out of a Guild then you got plenty of time to look around for better suited Guilds while enjoying your first steps with friends. :) .. No hard feelings if you leave to find a more focused Guild.

I would like to help with the Guild?
To make the start smoothly, I'd hope to find some trusted volunteers, that would fill the role of inviters / officers to specifically make it easier during the Christmas period for new and old people to be invited to the Guild. Contact me for this :).
If you would like to take the Guild further, then you could apply as a Guild leader or officer. You would need to speak to Gert / Officers about that and if successful I'd be happy to hand of reigns of the SW BoA Chapter once the application has been successful.

Republic or Empire?
Personally I can never decided these things as story wise I'd have interest on both sides. From some people I know they'd prefer the Empire side. However as I'm sure people would want to experience the story on both sides there will inevitable be a time when you might try out the other side. We wanted to leave you at least with some pointers that be it Empire (our own meeting place) or Republic (potentially with a Guild we know some people already) you'll find people that you might already know from AoC.

Of course if the majority of the people would want to be on the Republic side there is still the chance to change the plans :)

So the following are the suggested details:

Republic Side:
Guild: TBC
Guildleader: TBC
Server: TBA

Empire Side
Guild: Brother of Arms*
Server: Nightmare Lands
Guildorganizer**: Alb (FDrage)
Inviter / Officers***: Chinsin (Inviter), Aigeas (inviter), Phorkys, Buddy, Purps, Skewiff
Goal: A place for people to meet and start enjoying SW:TOR together. This is Not a fully fledge Guild and, as from my perspective, it won't be. If you are looking for an End-game type of guild, the this probably is not the right place for you. HOWEVER you are more the welcome to come and stay, until you found a better / more suitable Guild.
It can also be a place that people who mainly want to play Republic (if we'll have an allied Guild or so) can try out the "Dark Side" and already have some contacts. :)

* This at the moment is just a temporary thing. As we'd need 4 people in total that have pre-ordered to make the "pre-launch" program. Also this Guild might only be formed in the pre-launch period. IN this case we'd chose a Server and announce it and we would have to meet up there in-game to form the Guild :) ... so watch this space :).

** As said before I'm not a Guildleader .. sorry :). However I volunteered myself to hopefully set this meeting place up and be happy to hand over reigns, if we'd find a leader who wants to take Guild further.

*** I'd would need trusted volunteers to act as inviters / officers. As it is a social guild this position should not mean you have to organize things etc. It means that you can and want to help out with invites and to "keep an eye out on things" :). If you would want to be a proper officers with all the duties that come with it, you'd need to apply with Gert as well :).
Alb
BoA Guild Leader
Ranger Class Adviser
MotM June 2011

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Main AoC Character: Albae
Main SW:ToR Character: Albaron
Reputation point(s): 57
Respectable

SW:ToR Player  AoC Player 

Postby Gert » 30 Nov 2011, 04:28

Just want to add to this...

I won't be in SW:ToR for the launch or foreseeable future - for various reasons (mainly to finding time to add start another MMO) but will help with the infrastructure on the forums/TS. This initiative is being headed up by Albae to allow current BoA'ers (whether active or lapsed in AoC) to keep in touch and play socially in SW:ToR; if it turns out that people want to take it further I will help but I won't be leading any guild in SW:ToR.

To help with this, I've added a usergroup on the forums (SW:ToR) so that those interested can apply to this group so we can use it for future forum usage - to do this, perform the following:

1) go to your User Control Panel

2) click the Usergroups tab

3) select the SW:ToR usergroup and select the "Join Usergroup" option

4) Wait for approval
~ Gert, DT 80 [1] | Dalluh, Demo 80 [2] | Atemu, ToS 80 | Modosisus, Barb 80 | Artan, BS 80 ~
Gert was created on 17 May 2008. Membership valid until 2013-07-08... :o

Gert
BoA Guild Leader
Dark Templar Class Adviser

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Main AoC Character: Gert
Reputation point(s): 62
Respectable

AoC Player  TSW Player  Guild Wars 2 Player 

Postby Jeremy » 30 Nov 2011, 12:58

good idea, signed up for the usergroup. Lets see where this goes :)

oh and by the way decided to buy the game yesterday
|Yousuf:Demo|Baolao:Necro|Masubi:Hox|Paricia:Guardian|Ieremaias:Conq|Clairvaux:DT|Arawac:Ranger|Hehet:Sin|Jeremia:Barb|Tzenul:Tos|Subcutaneous:Pom|Deganawidah:BS|
Jeremy
BoA

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Main AoC Character: Paricia
Reputation point(s): 20
Noticed

SW:ToR Player  TSW Player 

Postby Alb » 30 Nov 2011, 19:14

:wave: Par .. thanks :)
Alb
BoA Guild Leader
Ranger Class Adviser
MotM June 2011

Respectable

Postby Alb » 01 Dec 2011, 16:31

Alb wrote:
* This at the moment is just a temporary thing. As we'd need 4 people in total that have pre-ordered to make the "pre-launch" program. Also this Guild might only be formed in the pre-launch period. IN this case we'd chose a Server and announce it and we would have to meet up there in-game to form the Guild :) ... so watch this space :).

reading it again, I might have been a bit unclear here.
pre-launch Guild program ends on the 3rd of December and does not refer to the head start. It would require to have 4 pre-ordered signed up to the guild on the SW side. --> Don't worry this isn't important :).

That means that the Guild will be formed (with 4 people minimum) in-game (refereed to by the following phrase "Also this Guild might only be formed in the pre-launch period."), either during the headstart or on the 20th of December :).

Further details will follow closer to the start :).

Also 2 people have volunteered to help with the in-game invites (only) , specifically during my Christmas holidays :).
- Chinsin
- Aigeas

Thanks a lot :).
Alb
BoA Guild Leader
Ranger Class Adviser
MotM June 2011

Respectable

Postby Jeremy » 01 Dec 2011, 16:39

:eh: So do you want me to signup on swtor ?
|Yousuf:Demo|Baolao:Necro|Masubi:Hox|Paricia:Guardian|Ieremaias:Conq|Clairvaux:DT|Arawac:Ranger|Hehet:Sin|Jeremia:Barb|Tzenul:Tos|Subcutaneous:Pom|Deganawidah:BS|
Jeremy
BoA

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Main AoC Character: Paricia
Reputation point(s): 20
Noticed

SW:ToR Player  TSW Player 

Postby Alb » 01 Dec 2011, 17:45

you can :) as it might be/is helpful ... but at this stage, I don't think it is necessary for the purpose of the Guild formation prior to the headstart. As long as we know when our individual headstart days are :)
Alb
BoA Guild Leader
Ranger Class Adviser
MotM June 2011

Respectable

Postby Chinsin » 02 Dec 2011, 07:04

I got my early access code now but cannot register it yet as the website keeps crashing on me when i try.
Chinsin Khitan Assassin 80 King Conan's Bitch

Chinsin
BoA Officer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Main AoC Character: Chinsin
Reputation point(s): 28
Becoming respectable

AoC Player  SW:ToR Player 

Postby Alb » 19 Jun 2012, 08:02

Change in Server:

BoA is in the process of transfer to Nightmare lands Server.

Bioware has opened up transfer to 1 specific Destination Server for Hydian Way. Therefore the decision was made to transfer there.

This has to be done on a character basis AND you need to make suer you have no items on GTN and in your mail.
Alb
BoA Guild Leader
Ranger Class Adviser
MotM June 2011

Respectable

Return to General Chat