The Old Republic

Anything to do with SW:ToR that doesn't fit the other forums goes here.

Moderator: SW:TOR Officers

The Old Republic

Postby Argolid » 19 Jul 2010, 17:39

Im sure u guys heard of biowares new jewel star wars The Old republic set to be released sometime next year.
Anyway you guys gona play it? Are you bringing the guild over to that game?
Argolid
BoA

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Main AoC Character: Argolid
Reputation point(s): 10
Noticed

The Old Republic

Postby Gert » 19 Jul 2010, 18:45

Keeping an eye on it - whether it becomes an MMO I play will have to see nearer the time...as for the guild; again, have to see - if there's interest and it's worth the effort then maybe ;)
~ Gert, DT 80 [1] | Dalluh, Demo 80 [2] | Atemu, ToS 80 | Modosisus, Barb 80 | Artan, BS 80 ~
Gert was created on 17 May 2008. Membership valid until 2013-07-08... :o

Gert
BoA Guild Leader
Dark Templar Class Adviser

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Main AoC Character: Gert
Reputation point(s): 62
Respectable

AoC Player  TSW Player  Guild Wars 2 Player 

The Old Republic

Postby Gert » 22 Jul 2010, 13:17

Here's an interesting question to ponder over ;)

Given that BoA is mainly casual, would people join BoA in SW:ToR if we did start up there? If so, what faction would be the preference (or would a BoA Republic and BoA Sith guild be more to people's likings...)?
~ Gert, DT 80 [1] | Dalluh, Demo 80 [2] | Atemu, ToS 80 | Modosisus, Barb 80 | Artan, BS 80 ~

Gert
BoA Guild Leader

Respectable

Re: The Old Republic

Postby Balcifer » 22 Jul 2010, 16:54

Personally I would play an Imperial Assassin .. I love the presentations of that class :D
Balcifer
BoA

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Main AoC Character: Balcifer
Reputation point(s): 1
The only way is up!

Postby DanDanUK » 22 Jul 2010, 18:14

Well not really read up much on TOR because you usually get disappointed as they don't implement a certain thing but yea BoA TOR guild would be great as for which side I have no idea, but if you can would choose to play as both.
Main - Demoltionman Demo 80
Alts - Mydelilah DT 41, Barbarblkshp Barb 28
DanDanUK
BoA

Main AoC Character: Demoltionman
Reputation point(s): 8
The only way is up!

Postby Idaho » 22 Jul 2010, 18:52

If I played by chance this game, I would join Dark Side, as I am fan of the older TIE Fighter games. :-)
Singhaia — Assassin ~~~ Singhaya — Bear Shaman ~~~ Singhal — Conqueror ~~~ Singhani — Herald of Xotli ~~~ Singhael — Guardian
Idaho

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Main AoC Character: Singhaya
Reputation point(s): 13
Noticed

The Old Republic

Postby Kelerac » 22 Jul 2010, 19:01

So many dark side here..hehehe im going to play the game for sure and not looking back! Is Bioware ;) Im looking forward for this game, gona play mostly on the light side REPUBLIC!
Kelerac - DT
Kelerac
BoA

Main AoC Character: Kelerac
The only way is up!

The Old Republic

Postby Argolid » 22 Jul 2010, 19:13

you guys cant really go for imperial or republic. I get it that within the guild point of view it would certainly have to be on one side or the other. The thing is in that game each class has its own story and unique quests therefore in my case i can say that i will be playing bothsides and hopefully i shall have one character of each class.
Argolid
BoA

Main AoC Character: Argolid
Reputation point(s): 10
Noticed

The Old Republic

Postby Gert » 22 Jul 2010, 20:47

Looking around some guilds seem to cover both sides and some just focus on one...long way off yet and can't say we'd have a presence but seems there is interest at least ;)

Gert
BoA Guild Leader

Respectable

The Old Republic

Postby Alb » 22 Jul 2010, 21:30

Problem will be that they won't allow 1 guild for 2 sides ... which I kind of dislike. Specifically as Bioware emphasizes the story element for each class sooooo much, that quite a few people will try out both sides. So from a game mechanics point of view it would just make it easier to have 1 guild being able to cover 2 sides but from a story point of view it doesn't make much sense
Alb
BoA Guild Leader
Ranger Class Adviser
MotM June 2011

Main AoC Character: Albae
Main SW:ToR Character: Albaron
Reputation point(s): 57
Respectable

SW:ToR Player  AoC Player 

The Old Republic

Postby Kelerac » 23 Jul 2010, 12:40

I guess they will make something like warhammer... one server one side... Two sides on the same server.. I dont think so.
Kelerac - DT
Kelerac
BoA

Main AoC Character: Kelerac
The only way is up!

The Old Republic

Postby Gert » 23 Jul 2010, 12:54

No info yet but would be nice if it was both factions on a server as, imo, would make for a more interesting MMO - each Faction could have open quests which they approach from different paths and end up fighting over the end goal (not in a pvp sense but could also be feasible).

* goes off digging for info :geek:

/edit 1: it's been shown that both Republic and Sith chars on the same planet so that is +1 to both Factions on same server

Gert
BoA Guild Leader

Respectable

The Old Republic

Postby Atkara » 23 Jul 2010, 13:00

Alb wrote:Problem will be that they won't allow 1 guild for 2 sides ... which I kind of dislike. Specifically as Bioware emphasizes the story element for each class sooooo much, that quite a few people will try out both sides. So from a game mechanics point of view it would just make it easier to have 1 guild being able to cover 2 sides but from a story point of view it doesn't make much sense

This, is something that SoE apparently anticipated in Star Wars Galaxies, and they left classes as faction-independent. Even when the Jedi profession was introduced as readily available to players (after NGE), having a Dark Side feat (expertise) build, didn't necessarily imply that you absolutely had to be Imperial*

And although noone really forced any guild to pick members of either side, most guilds in SWG would accept either Imperials/Neutrals or Rebels/Neutrals, depending on the guilds faction alignment. This ofcourse, for the sake of Role Playing, & PVP :D

*One of them was Atkara, a Rebel Jedi Master who embraced the Dark Side. Lots of dps I'm telling ya, while still retaining a good tanking ability (Jedis are the indisputable tanks in SWG). Ahh... spewed lots of lightning back then :p
Atkara HoX - Atkaras Conq - Atkares Demo - Atkar ToS - Atkaris Ranger - Atkarus Guardian - Darkatt DT

I think we can put our differences behind us... for science... you monster.
Atkara

Main AoC Character: Atkara
Reputation point(s): 0
Indifferent

SW:ToR Player 

The Old Republic

Postby Amarantha » 04 Mar 2011, 14:18

Look at me going all necro on a thread ;)

I was lucky enough to participate in the closed beta back in December and while I'm still under the NDA I can't give too many details but I can say that it's impressive and pretty polished for a game still in it's beta stage. I definitely recommend giving the game a play :)
Amarantha
BoA

Main AoC Character: Amarantha
The only way is up!

The Old Republic

Postby Alb » 04 Mar 2011, 14:38

Alb
BoA Guild Leader
Ranger Class Adviser
MotM June 2011

Respectable

The Old Republic

Postby Alb » 14 Mar 2011, 09:35

They've released a "walk through" of one of the "dungeons" (aka flashpoints) in the game, which was given on PAX or released due to PAX.

It is a republic side flashpoint for lvl 32 ish characters (whatever that exactly means) ... with some good indication on how it works (I assume). It is a bit over 16 min long so ...

below is the link to the officials side video .. or check youtube for an uploaded version.
http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20110312
Alb
BoA Guild Leader
Ranger Class Adviser
MotM June 2011

Respectable

The Old Republic

Postby Chosa » 11 Jul 2011, 12:22

Not that interested in this one though there is one class I would like to try: Inquisitor. And yes the dark side is strong in this one. I often find the artwork on the dark side cooler. :mrgreen:
May Barbarians invade your personal space!
Chosa
BoA
Barbarian Class Advisor - PvE/Raid

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Main AoC Character: Chosa
Reputation point(s): 2
The only way is up!

The Old Republic

Postby Alb » 11 Jul 2011, 14:14

Good Question,

some things I heard are very interesting to me (specifically as KotOR is one of my favourite games) and some are a bit discouraging. So my issue is that the classes that sound interesting to me are not necessary on the side that I'd prefer ;).
Alb
BoA Guild Leader
Ranger Class Adviser
MotM June 2011

Respectable

The Old Republic

Postby Mistery » 11 Jul 2011, 14:17

Dark Side ^^
Mistempy, tempest of set
Mistery, necromancer
Misterio, dark templar
Polario, guardian
Mistrix, bear shaman
Kerani, priest of mitra
Misfire, herald of xotli
Mistiva, conqueror
Mistery
BoA Officer
ToS Class Adviser

Main AoC Character: Misterie
Reputation point(s): 26
Becoming respectable

AoC Player  SW:ToR Player 

The Old Republic

Postby Alb » 11 Jul 2011, 14:40

Mistery wrote:Dark Side ^^

something ... something ... dark side.
Alb
BoA Guild Leader
Ranger Class Adviser
MotM June 2011

Respectable

Postby Balcifer » 11 Jul 2011, 14:58

Darkness calls to darkness. It calls to you. How will you respond?
Balcifer
BoA

The only way is up!

Postby WolfSpawn » 12 Jul 2011, 14:04

Shoot lightning bolts out of the ass I am gonna feel the need to when out comes this.The force is strong with this one!
Dark Yoda!
There's a gun in your trousers. What's a gun doing in your trousers?
It's for protection.
Protection from what? Zee Germans?

WolfSpawn-Pom
ProwlingWolf -Sin
WickedOne - DT
WolfSpawn

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Main AoC Character: WolfSpawn
Reputation point(s): 2
The only way is up!

The Old Republic

Postby Balcifer » 22 Jul 2011, 15:22

So,

They started the pre-order program ... for a few selected countries only :cry:

So gutted!! :thumbdown:
Balcifer
BoA

The only way is up!

The Old Republic

Postby Alb » 22 Jul 2011, 15:24

yeah ... it is a bit stupid to say the least. :(

On the other side it probably "just" be the head start that might be affected and that is "catchip-able", but still it is more the weird for such a big release.
Alb
BoA Guild Leader
Ranger Class Adviser
MotM June 2011

Respectable

Postby Balcifer » 22 Jul 2011, 15:45

If it would be only the head start ... could live with it, but if they delay the main lunch in most of the countries .. would be pretty awful.
Balcifer
BoA

The only way is up!

Next

Return to General Chat